Managing technical accounting, tax and financial reporting issues are essential to executing your deal efficiently and disruption-free.
KPMG Accounting Advisory Services team provides a wide range of transactional support services which simplify accounting issues of deals of all kinds for all involved parties, including support for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, IPOs, and accounting policy conversion and implementation.
Our multidisciplinary teams of specialists are experienced with all types of complex transactions that require complex technical accounting, tax, and financial reporting analysis. Combine accounting, valuation, integration, tax and technology skills, we provide authoritative and customized guidance on how to resolve numerous accounting challenges before they jeopardize the deal. We bring the knowledge, insight and perspective that come from experience to guide the accounting for transactions in organizations across all industries.
Our global footprint and resources, through KPMG’s member firms, enables us to meet the needs of multinational organizations while ensuring consistent KPMG service and quality. Our reputation is built on our dedication to quality service and technical excellence. We work together with you to help you understand the implications of contemplated business and accounting decisions.
What we do:
- Accounting Change Services: We assist with the conversion from one accounting basis to another, including conversions from home country GAAP to U.S. GAAP or International Financial reporting standards arising from cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, new standards or changes in required home country standards.
- Buy-side Support: We assist with purchase accounting, pro forma financial statements, acquisition integration of finance functions, SEC communications, fresh-start accounting adoption related to many different transaction structures.
- Bankruptcy Services: We help address the complex accounting and reporting issues arising from Chapter 11 bankruptcy and eventual emergence.
- IPO Advisory Services: We lead IPO readiness assessments, serve as a liaison between attorneys and investment bankers, train personnel to operate in a new reporting environment, and guide the creation of historical, pro forma, and selected financial data in compliance with SEC filing requirements.
- Financial Reporting Issue and Restatement Services: We provide project management, technical accounting and filing support, and documentation assistance throughout the course of the investigative, restatement and audit processes.
- Sell-side Assistance: We assist with the preparation of carve-out financial statements and help address other accounting and financial reporting issues for every stage of the divestiture, spin-offs, sale, debt offering and IPO process.
- Technical Accounting: From policy formulation to transactional support to finance personnel training to expert witness testimony, we provide technical accounting advice, particularly in the areas of complex accounting and financial reporting issues.
Challenges we tackle:
- Complex reporting matters
- The tax impact of transactions
- SEC filing requirements
- Analyzing and handling data
- Compliance with new and complex accounting standards
- Financial reporting restatement
- Financial statement preparation
- Cross border transactions
Who we serve:
- Buyers negotiating an acquisition
- Organizations carving out or spinning off a division
- Companies entering a joint venture
- Companies embarking in the initial public offering (IPO)
- Businesses or business units in distress
- Businesses trying to interpret a new accounting requirement
- Organizations realigning segments, adopting new standards, disposing of lines of business, or with business units that have been improperly recognizing revenue