Enterprise Risk Management Analyst
Northwest Federal Credit Union
- Assist with the development and administration of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool.
- Perform process design walk-throughs with business areas and assist with updating risks and controls, as needed.
- Support identification and measurement of key risk indicators for the enterprise to identify emerging risks and possible impediments to achieving strategic objectives.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of various business units, credit union regulatory requirements, and financial institution risk management best practices.
- Assist with the build out of the Business Resiliency module within the GRC tool.
- Identify and document opportunities for process and control improvements to improve the ERM program’s effectiveness and reduce credit union risk.
- Identify, resolve & document strategic, financial, operational, and compliance risk-based issues across the credit union.
- Maintain enterprise governance frameworks, standards and practices relating to risk governance and work with the first line of defense to increase risk awareness.
- Maintain awareness of enterprise-wide projects to identify potential risks.
- Work collaboratively with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Lines of Defense functions to identify and implement consistent and practical approaches to risk governance and control-based activities. Compliance
- Manage authoritative sources and assist with mapping to enterprise-wide findings and controls.
- Assist with testing of Entity-Level Controls (ELCs).
- Assist with targeted testing of business unit controls in determining compliance with established rules and regulations.
- Stay abreast of and support compliance with applicable federal, state and industry laws, regulations, and guidelines. Other
- Adhere to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations and all related Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Senior Manager, ERM & Compliance or other senior level leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Information Systems, general business or another related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in a risk management or internal or external audit field or in a related area within a financial institution.
- COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework Certification required within two years of hire date.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to apply audit concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
- Good organizational skills and strong judgment.
- High degree of personal initiative.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other project team members as appropriate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Experience with various lines of business environments within the financial services industry.
- Experience at national, regional, or local accounting firms.
- Experience in a financial institution using a recognized GRC system such as Archer or MetricStream.
Two plus years of experience
Less than 5%