Senior Financial Analyst SEC
SEC Reporting Senior Financial Analyst
- Prepare SEC financial filings, including annual reports on Form 10-K and Form 11-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, footnotes to the financial statements and Management Discussion and Analysis, and XBRL filings.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package, including income statement and balance sheet analyses, and various management reports.
- Review and provide feedback on internal and external communications, including board presentations and investor relations earnings releases, scripts, and presentations.
- Prepare journal entries (e.g., share-based compensation, derivatives, and benefit plans) and coordinate with shared services and foreign affiliates to aggregate financial information.
- Proactively monitor current FASB and SEC activities and evaluate the impact of adopting new accounting standards.
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide accounting guidance for newly issued accounting rules and determine implications resulting from contemplated or executed transactions and contracts.
- Implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of operational efficiency for business units, while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP.
- Enhance the financial reporting process by streamlining, refining and improving the consolidation process.
- Work as part of cross-functional teams to execute various special projects and transactions and preparation of ad hoc financial reporting.
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Strong interpersonal qualities
- Executive presence
- Passion and perseverance
- Clear and transparent communication skills
- Structured thinking qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting required.
- CPA required
- Approximately 3 to 5 years of experience at a “Big 4” public accounting firm, including significant SEC experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
The candidate should have strong leadership, decision making and technical skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and Oracle is a plus.
Fortune 1000 Company?
Two plus years of experience