Perform highly complex functions, providing specialized analysis, and identifying and analyzing root causes.
Essential Functions / Process Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned as necessary
- Assist in the completion of corporate/consolidated level accounting functions, including period close and year-end close.
- Prepare operational/financial information and reporting for distribution to key executives.
- Assist in the preparation for and the coordination of year-end audit, including direct communication with external auditors.
- Interface with regulatory agencies to ensure understanding of financial data, methodology, and applicability under appropriate regulations.
- Communicate with and provide accounting assistance to all financial and operational areas of the company and with all levels of management.
- Assist in monitoring, maintenance and control of the company general ledger and reporting system.
- Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyze, research and explain financial variances; maintain documented records supporting financial data used in both actual and budget analysis.
- Analyze expense and revenue account activity; respond to ad hoc requests from customers, create/develop schedules and internal reports.
- Assist and prepare departmental metrics.
- Develop, recommend and /or modify policies, procedures and complex accounting systems; ensure a sound system of internal controls.
- Provide work leadership for other partners and foster a positive work environment.