Encourage business to understand costs and integrate costs into decision making. Essential Functions / Process Responsibilities include the following:
- Performs highly complex accounting tasks providing specialized analyses in various accounting functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting, etc.
- Develops and recommends complex accounting systems, methods, procedures and controls
- Develops and/or modifies major policies and procedures for financial reporting and cost analysis in specialized areas
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees
- Reviews financial data and maintains documented records supporting financial data used in both actual and budget analysis
- Responds to actual and budget questions and provides explanations to ensure management understanding
- Participates in audits and interfaces with regulatory bodies to ensure understanding of financial data, methodology, and applicability under appropriate regulations
- Performs analysis requiring basic problem-solving skills.
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.