Responsible for technical accounting functions including accounting research, policy setting, and assessment and design of internal controls over financial reporting. Assist in interpreting and determining the company’s strategy for implementing new and proposed accounting guidance required by U.S. GAAP or being considered by the Standard setters. Responsible for the oversight of CEI Consolidated accounting policies, drafting policy proposals and proposing frameworks for implementations, including communication and socializing such recommendations to all stakeholders.
- Controls- Assist Director of Accounting Policy and Technical Accounting with developing and maintaining oversight of the divisions’ internal controls over financial reporting results. Responsibilities will include internal controls documentation, development of new controls, and development of a plan to monitor compliance.
- Coordinate and attend quarterly meetings with divisions and Corporate departments to discuss matters that may impact the financial statements and/or related disclosures.
- Obtain and review quarterly certifications from each division.
- Assist CEI Financial Reporting members in reviewing significant contracts to determine the appropriate accounting treatment and prepare related technical accounting memos as necessary to document the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Accounting Policies- Assist Director of Accounting Policy and Technical Accounting with gathering and maintaining an inventory of the Company’s various accounting policies.
- Assist in the preparation of CEI Consolidated accounting policies.
- Accounting Research- Accounting research and documenting analyses in technical accounting memos.
- Perform ad hoc research and analysis on various areas of accounting issues in support of special projects or requests.
- Monitor accounting standards developments from the various standard setting bodies and drafting communication of those developments and their impacts for senior management.
- Assist with the evaluation of the impact of Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs), and assist the divisions with the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assist with the coordination of internal training on select U.S. GAAP topics.
- Other- Review financial statement disclosures on quarterly and annual basis.
- Supervise and mentor senior analysts as they assist in accounting research projects and implementing the new accounting standards.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses for senior management.
- Regular in-person interaction with business partners, co-workers, and manager.