Accounting Senior, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
Rolling Meadows, IL
- Research related technical accounting guidance, including FASB and SEC regulations, and effectively communicate conclusions verbally and in writing.
- Monitor changes in accounting standards and policies and evaluate and anticipate the potential impact on the organization.
- Assist in addressing any technical accounting issues raised by the divisional finance leaders and communicate accounting conclusions.
- Assist in preparation of impact analysis for new and upcoming accounting standards (e.g., EITF 18-A).
- Assist in maintaining completeness and accuracy of related internal accounting policies through our Financial Policy Manual.
- Assist with M&A, compensation accounting and debt/equity accounting.
- Assist in preparation of
technical accounting positions. Accounting areas include:
- EPS Calculation
- Stock Compensation
- General Equity
- General Compensation
- Debt accounting, including embedded
- Pension Accounting
- Mergers &
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Public accounting experience
- CPA required
- Two years of accounting experience (preferably some in public accounting)
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- Intermediate skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to learn and become proficient in JD Edwards and various other financial application systems.
Fortune 1000 Company?
Two plus years of experience