The Financial Reporting Accountant will use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to create financial statements, shareholder reports and balance sheets, while ensuring accurate financial reporting throughout an organization by working closely with various departments and management. This position will also provide information to auditors for Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and annual reports.
- Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to prepare accurate and timely financial in compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), and other regulatory and legal requirements
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations and transaction analysis related to monthly financial closing process
- Perform variance analysis for actual results versus budget and forecast
- Participate in the preparation of the SEC quarterly and annual filings (10-Q and 10-K) and quarterly earnings press release.
- Prepare financial reporting disclosures including financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A and XBRL tagging for SEC filings and for other internal and external financial reporting requirements
- Maintaining a strong internal control environment and effective disclosure controls and procedures, work closely with internal and external auditors
- Champion the continuous improvement of internal and external financial reporting processes and deliverables
- Assist in the documentation of internal control processes
- Assist in research and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, as well as US GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements
- Perform financial statement analysis
- Work effectively with business partners both within and outside the accounting department
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA certified or CPA-eligible, preferred
- Public accounting experience, preferred
- 2 years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Sound knowledge of financial reporting and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication, internal customer service, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to operate independently to produce creative and practical solutions from general direction
- Highly organized with an acute attention to detail Ollie’s is an equal opportunity employer.
Ollie’s is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran’s status, disability, or any other legally protected status.