Join our team at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor, and make a difference in providing access to higher education. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Principal University Planner/Project Manager. The CSU Chancellor's Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, is the headquarters for the nation's largest and most diverse system of higher education. The CSU Chancellor's Office offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
What are the details?
Under the general direction of the CSU System Budget Office Directors, the Systemwide (SW) Budget Analyst will oversee and manage specific budget and Business and Finance projects and programs and serve as a high-level management specialist to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Budget and the Business and Finance Executive Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer. The SW Budget Analyst will develop components of the CSU system budget, determine allocations of appropriations, prepare sensitive and highly confidential managerial reports for collective bargaining negotiations, and develop and present analytic position papers and policy studies that encompass the CSU’s 23 campuses and systemwide offices.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee specific CSU System Budget Office and Business and Finance management reports, projects, and activities that include systemwide resources (e.g. state General Fund, lottery, CSU student fees, special funds), expenditures, allocations, staffing, compensation and benefits, system accounts, financial reports, information systems, and student fees, enrollment, and financial aid.
- In consultation with the Directors, determines and recommends solutions related to CSU program and policy matters; and formulates and analyzes allocation models designed for the equitable dissemination of resources to campuses.
- Prepares detailed analytical and decision-focused reports; develops recommendations for generating resources to meet CSU system expenditure requirements and identifies adjustments to various fiscal components of the budget expenditure and resource plans used throughout the CSU system budget process; and carries out recommendations for system fee strategies in accordance with CSU student fee policy.
- Prepares and reviews revenue and expenditure calculations used for systemwide budget planning and allocations to the 23 campuses and systemwide offices; compiles data, conducts studies and research, and provides analyses related to the support and lottery budgets, legislation, and other CSU System Budget Office and Business and Finance related matters.
- Advises, communicates, and collaborates with the CSU 23 campus budget officers and staff and systemwide offices (e.g. Business and Finance, Academic Affairs, Information Technology, Human Resources) on issues related to the CSU support budget, allocations, interpretation of policy and other financial matters, and campus operations.
- Prepares and presents analytic position papers and policy studies related to CSU system budget requirements, resources, issues, options and the impact of budget decisions.
- Prepares annual BOT support budget publication and documentation and governmental reports; interprets and summarizes financial statements and reports; prepares confidential managerial reports for collective bargaining negotiations; covers CSU System Budget Office and Business and Finance, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Acquires knowledge and experience equivalent to a university wide budget officer / director at a campus.