Business Analyst - Capital Markets
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
This Business Analyst position will support business process transformation initiatives for our Capital Markets - Finance and Operations groups. This includes developing the definition of future processes, understanding and documenting the business requirements for the automation, and facilitating any needed organizational change management.
- The successful candidate will be highly analytical with good attention to detail, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be a collaborative team member, plus experienced in developing rapid prototyping frameworks.
- The Analyst will work with senior leaders to assess opportunities for process re-engineering / automation, and regularly present status updates to functional managers.
- The role reports to the Program Manager for the Finance and Operations group.
- Leading of process re-engineering and process transformative activities to aid the orchestration and automation of business processes and tasks within Finance using automation technologies.
- Leading of business process mapping for automation projects, including identification of change impacts and needed business controls
- Leading of requirements gathering, process and business analysis
- May need to manage the organizational change management activities (e.g. communications, stakeholder impacts, training, etc.) for automation projects
- Creating and maintaining functional documentation for already automated or ‘to be’ automation candidate processes
- Analyze incidents and conduct functional analysis and functional resolution of needed break-fix/de-bugging issues (e.g., analyze, design and test activities) in conjunction with the technical support resources
- Partnering with external resources to implement new task automations
- Facilitating meetings and workshops with business and technology stakeholders
- Managing dialogue with new vendors, evaluating new technologies.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with 1-5 years of relevant experience in Financial Services industry (Computer Science Degree and/or experience implementing automation projects a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, Visio) SharePoint, Tableau or BI, other emerging technologies
- Project management experience in a Business Analyst role, including requirements gathering and building functional specs to articulate business needs
- Experience with business process re-engineering of financial processes
- Developing and participating in design thinking workshops for future-state processes and solutions
- Analytical skills necessary to make solid decisions: define problem or process improvement opportunity, identify and analyze options, propose solution.
- Experience with organizational change management activities (e.g., communications, stakeholder impact, training, etc.)
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting issues
- Team-oriented individual and self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions
- Affinity for a high-performance, project-oriented work environment; ability to pivot to critical path tasks as necessary
- Ability to interact with executives and managers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Fortune 1000 Company?
Two plus years of experience
Market-competitive base & bonus