The, Business Systems Analyst champions strategic initiatives and special projects touching the Financial Management and Reporting team. The position requires an in-depth understanding and broad grasp of accounting principles, theories and practices, financial system technology platforms and processes, complex problem solving and analysis, creative thinking and innovation. The incumbent is a major contributor to achieve goals and objectives for campus-wide financial systems, reporting, accounting propriety, process evaluation, re-design, testing, and implementation.
- Working knowledge of financial accounting, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and promulgations by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Government Accounting Standards (GASB).
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and program complex queries utilizing query data base tools and reporting tools.
- Demonstrated competence in accounting and business practices to advise department personnel regarding pertinent issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and skills in interacting effectively with students, colleagues, university departments and outside agencies to clearly convey and obtain information and to explain complex systems, procedures and policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff within Financial Management & Reporting, with other central office personnel, with Campus department personnel, and with staff at the Office of the President and other campuses.
- Ability to evaluate impact on workload of projects, manage projects (sometimes campus-wide), establish and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a complex working environment that requires a great deal of flexibility, efficiency, quick response time and prioritizing of tasks with multiple and conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to adjust working hours and, if necessary, work overtime to meet the needs of the Office and reporting deadlines.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree (with a major in accounting, business administration, economics, mathematics, or other related field), accounting certificate program, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to provide professional, courteous, timely, and effective customer service.
- Ability to identify and deal with sensitive issues and work with confidential documents.
- Ability to research and analyze complex and sometimes conflicting information to resolve discrepancies and reconstruct prior actions.
- Ability to analyze financial transactions and statistical data.
- Strong ability in critical thinking/problem solving to evaluate business circumstances, develop recommendations/actionable solutions, and implement resolutions.