- Serves as chief accounting officer.
- Recommends, establishes and maintains technically sound, consistently applied, functional accounting/tax policies, practices, procedures and cost effective systems resulting in timely and reliable financial data.
- Directs the financial closings, and directs preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated historical financial statements and reports to executive and operating management.
- Directs the preparation of financial reports required by federal, state and local regulatory agencies and directs the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and reports to shareholders, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other interested parties.
- Engages independent accountants of the corporation and all of its consolidated domestic and foreign subsidiaries; manages the cost effective delivery of audit, tax and other services; and represents management to the corporation's domestic and international independent accountants.
- Maintains an effective internal audit function.
- Performs and/or directs technical accounting and financial reporting research and monitors developments in accounting and regulatory standards (e.g., FASB, SEC, EITF, IRS).
- Directs research and tax planning in connection with financial activities to ensure compliance with applicable tax laws. Directs preparation and submission of required federal, state and local tax returns ensuring compliance with applicable laws.
- Monitors and analyzes the possible effects of developments in foreign and domestic tax legislation, regulations, court decisions and agency interpretations with potential to affect the corporation's tax posture, and consults with management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through 0 high school; 1 college or 0 graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 10 year(s) minimum
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: CPA
SVP, EVP, VP, Tax Director, Internal Audit Director, Control