Roles & responsilities:
- Development and implementation of Foundation accounting policies and procedures.
- Establish internal controls and safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Responsible for the documentation of Foundation processes, workflows, and training material.
- Responsible for IRS Private Foundation compliance and regulatory accounting practices.
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the management of grants and contracts.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc internal and external financial statements and budget reports.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors and other outside parties.
- Assessing and evaluating current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes and systems.
- Eliminating back logs, leverage new technology and responding proactively to other department needs.
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics.
- Commitment to training, mentoring, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance Required.
- Masters or CPA desirable.
- A working knowledge of accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP), including significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, grant accounting compliance and reporting.
- Prior nonprofit finance experience with successful track record in a senior financial management role.
- At least five years of experience as a Controller or equivalent, in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $20 million.
- Grants and contracts experience preferred in a grant making capacity
- Intact Finance Software experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills to include MS Office Suite especially MS Excel; experience with database management is expected; driving usage of new systems is preferred.
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed. Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work closely with those inside and outside the foundation.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- The Kavli Foundation provides a comprehensive benefits package to its employees, including paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement.
- The Kavli Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees, applicants and program beneficiaries.
- The Kavli Foundation does not discriminate against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, political affiliation or citizenship.
All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.