Director, BPM Enterprise Lead
Who we are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary purpose of position:
- Responsible for the overall creation and effective performance of the IT functional process area for Finance, HR, or Commercial for Business Process Management (BPM).
- Ensure that the IT strategy is in alignment with the functional operating plan in order to support the business goals.
- Interface with enterprise & regional functional process owners to understand functional capability requirements and opportunities with a deep understating of the relevant business insight areas.
- Ensuring that all assigned programs, projects and initiatives are well defined, planned, tracked and communicated in a consistent manner.
- Connecting technology and business programs/projects to achieve the highest level of leveraged spend and resources optimization aligned with the overall IT strategic architecture.
- Owns setting and driving the strategy for the ITS functions for Finance, HR, or Commercial in the ITS BPM organization.
- Responsible for partnering with a particular functional entity to ensure delivery of capability for that functional scope.
- Acting as the face of both projects and service delivery and as an escalation point (“one face to the function”) where capability is to be delivered to that function or by that function.
- Quickly and effectively understand business strategies, challenges and priorities while collaborating with functional/business leaders to identify and plan initiatives to translate these into programs/projects with tactical goals and objectives that are measurable and aligned with the overall Global ITS strategy.
- Lead scoping, planning, resourcing and management of key business IT projects across the specified function.
- Track, report and resolve issues related to project health including schedule/scope adherence, risks, budget, resource allocation, etc.
- Works closely with key personnel and subject matter experts across all departments to ensure coordinated management and delivery of integrated/co-dependent project activities.
- Contribute to a culture of accountability and performance by directly or indirectly leading, mentoring, training, and motivating colleagues within and outside of the BPM organization.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of company strategic objectives, product offerings, platform/system enhancements, and any industry, legislative, or regulatory changes that may impact the company portfolio of products and services.
- Develops, guides and executes on the vision and strategic direction of the enterprise process area on information technology matters.
- Primary point of engagement for all areas of the business within that function including interfacing with the ITS BPM regional leads.
- Own definition and maintenance of the function’s technology capability roadmaps.
- Responsible for information and data stewardship working with the functional entity.
- Identify areas for global standardization alignment vs. building cases for strategic diversity for that function.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements, definition of high level functional design and UAT for all IT applications with their functional area.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience in a business facing IT Program Management role. Degree preferred.
- Job related experience for 10 year(s) minimum.
- Must have experience leading localized and remote teams in matrix organization, with demonstrated ability to work across multiple critical paths and develop schedules in a collaborative environment.
- Strong business acumen and experience generating business cases and ROI.
- Deep understanding of business areas and technology that are being supported by the functional area.
- Must have strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, including conflict resolution with senior leadership required.
- Ability to garner support and operate with political savvy.
- Demonstrated blend of tactical and strategic experience in developing and executing on highly visible and sensitive organizational initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with processes such as lean, Six Sigma, COBIT, ITIL, CMMi.
- Experience with strategic portfolio management.
- Experiences driving organizational change, process changes, and knowledge of changes management practices.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with others, including the corporate business research information center, our various sales and marketing teams, purchasing, engineering, manufacturing personnel, customers and suppliers and various industry trade representatives.
- Ability to work over 40 hours a week, weekends and holidays when the business requires it.
- 25% of travel, includes international travel Equal Opportunity Employer Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Fortune 1000 Company?
SVP, EVP, VP, Tax Director, Internal Audit Director, Control