May 21, 2019
Hospitality and Leisure
"From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Product, Pricing, you will obsess over and advocate for our customer needs by crafting our product vision, defining our product roadmaps, and partnering with key team members to turn customer insights into actionable strategies and priorities. You will use technical acumen and analytics to guide and execute product decisions. You will be responsible for driving the overall product development lifecycle by effectively collaborating with Pricing and Revenue Management teams, Data Science, Architects, Product Engineers, and Commercial and Regional teams.
More specifically, you will:
• Lead the discovery of new pricing product opportunities that drive customer and business outcomes.
• Develop cross-channel strategic plans and product roadmaps to delight customers through better pricing.
• Evaluate new product concepts for value and viability. Through a series of quick market experiments de-risk assumptions upfront, and in rapid fashion.
• Build trusted and highly effective working relationships across Hilton including working closely with engineering, design, data science and analytics, brands, policy/regulatory and market facing teams.
• Build and lead multi-functional teams including product managers and product team members and scrum teams consisting of UI engineers, QA, UX and visual designers.
• Work with data scientists to connect high level algorithm concepts to expected business outcomes through iterative simulation and testing.
• Convert ideas into simple wireframes to provide direction to UX and UI Designers. This includes collaborating with the Design team to craft final user flows and screen designs.
• Generate epics and users’ stories to provide guidance to the Development team.
• Collaborate with Product Engineering in an Agile environment to develop new features and resolve product issues.
• Define and monitor a balanced set of metrics to ensure success of new products.
• Analyze performance data and customer input to continuously find opportunities to improve the experience.
"What are we looking for? We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with intuition for business. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills: • Good eye for business, a holistic understanding of pricing technologies and trends, and most importantly, a passion to build amazing guest experiences • Self-starters who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change • Bias for action leading Agile development teams to bring concepts to market at speed • Interpersonal communicators who will positively influence Hilton’s partners and who will communicate effectively at all level • Leaders, who are comfortable with mentorship, providing performance feedback to reports, and communicating results and areas for improvement all while leading by example To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications: • Seven (7) years of professional technology experience • Seven (7) years of professional Product or Project Management experience • Three (3) years leading at-scale product teams to deliver web and mobile products in a high growth environment • Experience leading a team of at least three (3) people • Travel - up to 15% It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions: • BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering/Technical field and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration • Two (2) years in Management Consulting OR five (5) years of corporate experience in business strategy • Five (5) years of experience working in Agile Product Management • Four (4) years of People Management experience What will it be like to work for Hilton? Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! "