U. S. Steel is an iconic corporation with a storied history embarking on a transformational journey to become a next generation manufacturer who sets the pace for the industry for the next 100 years.
We are seeking a Director, Organization Development & Learning for our Corporate Headquarters. This position can be based out of Pittsburgh, PA, Troy, MI, Chicago, IL or New York. In this high-profile, hands-on role you will lead all aspects of OD and Learning in the U.S.A. This individual, along with the Talent and Leadership Development team, will design, develop and deliver learning across the organization. The ideal candidate is strategic, responsive, passionate about engagement, an excellent collaborator and able to work with all levels of staff and leadership across the organization.
As part of our team, you will:
- Problem-solve complex talent and organizational issues for all our leaders - from senior executives through to managers on our plant floor.
- Build training that is cutting edge and impactful.
- Evolve our culture to help execute our new strategy forward and build inclusive leaders.
- Responsible for establishing an organization development and effectiveness strategy that is aligned with U. S. Steel’s core business strategy and addresses the Company’s key organizational development needs globally.
- Manages, strategizes, and prioritizes Learning and Development (L&D) training programs.
- Leads and develops a team of learning professionals.
- Using a consultative approach, communicates with business unit leaders and HR Leadership to understand internal client’s learning needs – uses this input to assess/evaluate, build, borrow or buy learning solutions that meet organization learning needs.
- Ensures proposed learning solutions fit within clearly defined budgetary parameters prior to delivery of learning solutions to internal client.
- Leverages existing and new vendor relationships for learning solutions related to purchased, developed or facilitated content.
- Responsible for facilitating learning programs, as needed, additionally is responsible for developing subject matter experts (SMEs) into facilitators.
- Serves as change agent as it relates to the implementation of new learning programs, tools, resources, and vendors and ensures effective utilization.
- Partners with business leaders, HR peers and L&D peers globally to understand learning needs and develop solutions with shared learning content.
- Establishes the practice and philosophy for OD and builds this skill in OD practitioners across the organization. Employs OD strategies to consider the big picture when implementing complex initiatives.
- Provide organizational design and effectiveness services to support the business globally and optimize business performance through focused, seamless organization structure.
- Execute organization development processes to close key development gaps.
- Recommend approaches to measure work force effectiveness in meeting identified business needs.
- Recom66end and execute strategy, approach and implement plan to HR partners and business leaders for the following services: functional development, coaching, mentoring, assessment and selection, 360 degree feedback, organizational inventory, organization readiness, succession planning, performance management, OD/OE consulting, organization assessment and design, team development, change management and employee engagement.
- Drive implementation of processes, such as goal alignment, succession planning, performance management and organizational capability inventory.
- Ensure alignment with agreed-upon global processes; share knowledge, expertise and lessons learned with other professionals; proactively identify and implement opportunities to leverage existing tools, resources and approaches; provide input regarding effective approaches, implementation processes and data collection to measure work force effectiveness; provide leadership to the Manager, Organization Development.
- Conduct external research, including the benchmarking of leading companies/best practices, requiring a strong focus on analysis, program design and cost/benefit assessment.
- Viewed as a business partner and organization development practitioner; serve as an expert field consultant for the organization.
- Leads by example and models’ behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Equal Employment Opportunity
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.