Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged. Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
- The Indirect Tax Manager is a part of our Tax and Finance team and will be responsible for managing and overseeing key processes related to sales, use, property and other indirect taxes and fees, coordinating state and local tax audits, and ensuring compliance with all legal and reporting regulations in the US and Canada.
- The Manager will also be responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of all tax related general ledger accounts (including income taxes).
- The Tax Manager will report to the VP Finance as part of the Tax and Finance Team.
- Serve as business owner of the Vertex indirect tax system.
- Plan and manage an efficient indirect tax compliance process.
- Ensure tax balances are recognized as appropriate in various P2P and O2C processing systems, accrued, reported and paid/received as necessary.
- Interact with Accounts Payable, Credit and Customer Service staff as necessary to ensure integrity of tax-related aspects of transaction processing systems.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Perform research and document tax positions as they pertain to Benjamin Moore & Co. and the goals of the organization.
- Manage multiple ongoing indirect tax audits.
- Identify and quantify opportunities as well as exposures associated with tax positions throughout the audit process.
- Improve processes to remediate identified issues.
- Apply extensive knowledge of Benjamin Moore & Co. business to assist with responding to information requests from various jurisdictions.
- Present recommendations based on research and documentation of tax positions.
- Analyze and reconcile all general ledger tax accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure tax balances are correctly reported, in accordance with US GAAP, in the Benjamin Moore financial statements.