International income tax compliance lead
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Oil and Gas Operations
MPC is developing a rapidly growing international fuel distribution business and requires a qualified international tax specialist to assist the Tax Director of Tax Law and the Tax Director of Income Tax Compliance and Forecasting with both the foreign income tax compliance and the US income tax effect of those taxes and operations.
Income tax compliance experience:
- Minimum 6 years progressive experience in domestic/foreign income tax compliance and provision.
- Must have experience at SEC registrants or large accounting firm.
- Strong working knowledge of Sub-chapter C, subpart F and federal foreign income tax rules.
- US Sub-chapter K understanding preferred.
- Must be able to perform income tax law research, effectively present results and assist in determining income tax positions and effects of foreign transactions.
- Must have experience in effectively modeling.
- US tax effects of foreign activity, including FTC, FDII, GILTI.
- US Tax effects of potential foreign activity and ability to provide advice and strategy.
- Must be a committed team player and have demonstrated ability to:
- Provide highly effective work, planning and communication to the entire tax team.
- Work effectively with Tax Accounting, Tax Compliance, financial accounting, and foreign operations managers.
- Personality - Inquisitive; high level of energy & integrity SAP or other larger corporate general ledger system experience
- BS Accounting, or other technical degree
- MST / JD highly beneficial CPA required for all tax compliance management
- JD for Tax Law Management
Fortune 1000 Company?
Two plus years of experience