Transportation and Warehousing
- Functional summary:
- Performs internal audits providing management with objective assessments, recommendations, and pertinent information concerning the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control system.
- Independently performs financial, operational, and information system assessments and advises management on the need for corrective action.
- Essential functions/job duties:
- Coordinates and assists with compliance activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley; specifically in the documentation and evaluation of internal controls in accordance with Section 404.
- Conducts operational, financial, and information systems audits to review effectiveness of internal controls, efficiency of operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Works closely with auditees to identify potential improvements to internal controls and operational processes.
- Assists with implementation efforts related to internal control and operational process improvements accepted by auditees.
- Documents audit procedures and observations through the preparation of detailed workpapers. Drafts the internal audit reports/memos.
- Assists internal audit management with risk assessment activities, audit planning and developing audit objectives.
- Participates in new systems development initiatives, serves as a business process consultant, and performs special project work.
- Assists external auditors in the completion of the audit requirements.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Performs all of the above activities in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and conduct, consistent with the "Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing" as published by the Institute of Internal Auditors and Triton’s policies & procedures.
- 2 - 5 years experience within:
- Public Accounting - Auditing, Assurance or Accounting Information Technology;
- Financial Services Institution - Internal Audit or Accounting; SEC compliance experience;
- Fortune 500 - Internal Audit and/or Finance areas.
- Strong knowledge and skills with auditing and evaluation of internal controls.
- Proficiency with MS-Office, in particular with Excel, Word and Access.
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Masters or MBA is a plus.
- Experience using internal controls frameworks, such as COSO, CoCo and/or COBiT. CIA, CPA and/or CISA certification is highly desired.
- Skills and abilities:
- Ability to think dynamically and strategically; demonstrate sound judgment and logical thinking.
- Strong analytical, project management, consultative and meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High integrity and professionalism in interactions across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters in a tactful and discreet manner.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, adaptability and reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time.
Two plus years of experience