Manager of Technical Accounting
Manufacturing and Production
Crystal Lake, IL
The Manager, Technical Accounting is responsible for assisting in the evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards, and ensuring the application of GAAP to complex transactions.
- This position will also be responsible for serving as a subject matter expert for accounting questions for the Corporate Financial Reporting department, performing technical accounting research, and writing accounting position memoranda.
- The successful person will be excited about the diversity of work and should also be willing to roll-up their sleeves and dive in to the details to solve problems.
- This role will have substantial interaction with individuals internal and external to the organization, including senior management and independent auditors.
- This is an opportunity to join a great organization and work with a strong team with the chance to bring a fresh perspective to the leadership team.
This role will report to the Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects and will have substantial interaction with other departments in the organization, including the Corporate Financial Reporting Department.
- Partner with business unit leaders on review of customer contracts, and perform initial conclusions of appropriate revenue recognition treatment.
- Support the adoption of new accounting standards, including the leasing pronouncement.
- Research and provide guidance on the proper accounting and disclosure treatment related to complex or unusual transactions to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Monitor changes in the accounting environment and proactively research and assess the impact of new accounting guidance on the company’s financial statements.
- Developing rapport with the Company’s business and finance community ensuring open lines of communication are maintained.
- Document accounting conclusions in formal memos and work with external auditors to support accounting positions and technical accounting issues.
- Integrate acquired businesses into the Aptar global accounting policies and procedures.
- Participate in writing and training on global accounting policies and procedures.
Fortune 1000 Company?
125,000 plus bonus up to 15%