The Basics: We are looking for Revenue Accounting Manager who will have a central role on the Tanium Accounting team in assisting with our global revenue accounting function. We are looking for a talented and passionate individual who is organized with an exceptional attention to detail. Not only do you hold yourself to the highest level of integrity, you are passionate and take ownership in your work product.
What you’ll do:
- Review and analyze revenue contracts and document significant terms and accounting conclusions to ensure that revenue is recorded in compliance with Company’s revenue recognition policy and accounting literature in accordance with ASC 606
- Partner and work cross functionally with other business groups (Deal Desk, Legal, Sales Operations) on non-standard customer contract negotiations and revenue recognition assessments
- Participate in month-end close deliverables including preparing and reviewing the accuracy of journal entries for revenue and commissions as well as related GL account reconciliations
- Assist with managing the worldwide revenue close process to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s revenue recognition policies
- Maintain a customer service approach interfacing with the functional departments in relation to all aspects of responsibilities
- Support the accounting and finance functions with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Provide guidance and suggest improvements to the Company’s Order-to-Cash and revenue recognition processes including to work on fine tuning processes, documenting procedures, and enhancing controls.