Manager, Technical Accounting
- Research technical accounting guidance, including FASB and SEC regulations, and effectively communicate conclusions verbally and in writing.
- Monitor changes in accounting standards and policies and evaluate and anticipate the potential impact on the organization.
- Assist in addressing any technical accounting issues raised by the divisional finance leaders and communicate accounting conclusions.
- Assist in preparing comment letters and/or responses to FASB exposure drafts and Invitations to Comment, as pertinent to the organization.
- Assist in preparing responses to SEC comment letter and other technical correspondence.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date about all external audit requirements, such as PCAOB, international control documentation, etc.
- Assist in preparation of impact analysis for new accounting standards (e.g., CECL).
- Assist in maintaining completeness and accuracy of internal accounting policies through our Financial Policy Manual.
- Assist in evaluations of passed audit differences, materiality and going concern.
- Evaluate stock compensation valuation inputs and review EPS, including impact of equity contingents, performance measures and dilution calculations.
- Assist in preparation of technical accounting white papers. Accounting areas include:
- Revenue Recognition
- EPS Calculation
- Stock Compensation Accounting
- General Compensation Accounting
- Debt accounting, including embedded derivatives
- Hedge Accounting
- Pension Accounting
- Mergers & Acquisition Accounting
- Goodwill and Other Impairment o Income tax accounting (basic)
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Public accounting experience
- CPA required
- Six or more years of accounting experience in public accounting and, preferably, also in a public company environment
- Project management experience
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- Experience navigating Edgar and/or Intelligize, SEC comment letter search, FASB archives and minutes
- Intermediate skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to learn and become proficient in JD Edwards and various other financial application systems.
Fortune 1000 Company?