U. S. Steel is an iconic corporation with a storied history embarking on a transformational journey to become a next generation manufacturer who sets the pace for the industry for the next 100 years.
We are seeking a Program Manager, Talent and Leadership Development (Human Resources) at our Corporate Headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Program Manager role is both a hands-on and strategic role that provides project leadership and support to a variety of different Talent related projects, including Succession Planning. This role is critical in executing project initiatives, managing change, driving functional excellence, process improvement and providing superior customer support. This must combine HR with project management expertise, leveraging the blended skillset of an HR Business Partner and Project Manager, to consult and manage projects from original concept through successful change management and final implementation.
Reporting to the Chief Talent Officer, you will:
- Partner with HR and Business project sponsors to bring definition to a project; creates project plan outlining scope, objectives, deliverables, dependencies, resource requirements, and timelines
- Develop project plans in collaboration with the Chief Talent Officer and stakeholders to execute strategic talent initiatives, sets expectations, and relentlessly drives to deliver projects with excellence, on time and on budget
- Use broad knowledge of HR to lead team members to approach the project in a manner that results in a cohesive and integrated solution
- Monitor team milestone completion; identifies process and operational roadblocks; owns and consults solution development with stakeholders, and escalates critical decisions to reach alignment
- Own major end-to-end processes, including succession planning, and events on a project, takes initiative, and uses problem solving skills to think beyond the task to the outcome that needs to be achieved
- Build project governance structure for all projects including project leadership, project update process/cadence and escalates critical decisions to reach stakeholders
- Independently gathers information from a variety of sources; to analyze, interpret, and summarize data gathered, and to deliver insights
- Create comprehensive and effective change management strategies to mitigate risk and ensure project success
- Establish partnerships and consults with key business stakeholders and HR team members
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, and learning within the HR team contributing to a positive work environment
- Provide feedback to project team members as necessary for high performance
- Facilitate problem-solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions, and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes tied to business results
- Knowledgeable in leading edge HR practices, trends and information; aware of employee engagement strategies and innovative tactics being applied in the marketplace