The role will be responsible for managing processes and a team within the US Commercial Risk controllership team. This role will primarily be responsible for revenue recognition related processes, including monthly close, technical analysis and strategic projects. This role will also provide management oversight for the US Captives business within Commercial Risk controllership team. The role will work closely with multiple teams and stakeholders, including FP&A, technical accounting, External Reporting, and shared service centers, to collaborate on financial reporting, analysis and finance initiatives that support Aon strategic objectives.
- Process owner responsible for maintaining strong control environment around revenue related processes and leading revenue-related month-end close processes.
- Prepare or review/approve manual revenue related journal entries in Workday including revenue accruals, deferrals, etc., ensuring proper support and revenue recognition.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet variance analysis for certain revenue related accounts.
- Manage the multi-year deferral process including contract review for proper recognition, review of deferral entries and consolidation of the multi-year deferral schedule.
- Partner with the management reporting team to develop an automated system solution.
- Lead the large contract review process, which includes reviewing significant contracts for proper revenue recognition, liaising with the business and Finance teams on understanding contracts, and presenting results to management.
- Manage the cost to obtain capitalization process in line with ASC 606, which includes calculating the monthly capitalization and amortization entries and partnering with FP&A to develop a budget/forecast and reporting on actuals versus forecast.
- Manage the multiple-element fee model process including technical review of model outputs, testing of underlying model logic and overall review for proper revenue recognition.
- Process also includes partnering with FP&A to develop a quarterly forecast and provide explanations for actuals versus forecast, and present to senior Finance leaders.
- Review revenue related monthly financial reporting submissions to Corporate Consolidations.
- Provide management oversight to the offshore finance team supporting US Captives, including review of monthly balance and P&L variance analyses, support for accounting and process improvements and reporting results to management.
- Support internal and external audit processes to ensure all requirements for revenue testing are met timely and accurately.
- Ensure all revenue related SOX 404 Controls are performed timely and accurately, and partner closely with the SOX compliance team to provide all required evidence and walkthroughs.
- Support SOX 404 control testing across the Commercial Risk Controllership team.
- Provide support for strategic projects as needed.
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon PLC’s Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon PLC policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Affiliated Company.