- Another Source's client, Nth Degree CPAs, is recruiting a Senior Accountant to join the team in their Seattle office. The Senior Accountant will be consulting on and managing the outsourced accounting functions for the firm’s clients, which range from bookkeeping through CFO-level support.
- Here is a little more about Nth Degree CPAs and the position they are seeking to fill. Through the relentless pursuit of simple and digestible solutions, Nth Degree CPAs is redefining what it means to be an accounting firm. Nth Degree CPAs exists to deliver simple and digestible solutions to complex matters. So, toss aside all the stereotypes you already have about accountants.
- Nth Degree CPAs embodies the opposite of all these traditional stereotypes: we are relatable, stylish, fun to be around and innovative. We are smart – bookish smart and smart in how we work. Here is a little snapshot of Nth Degree CPAs: https://youtu.be/xYAtlDRfdc0 While most firms say they do planning, what's unique about Nth Degree CPAs’ practice is through their unique process, all engagements start with planning. As a result, upfront year-round engagements are defined which allow the team to be proactive throughout the year rather than only at certain times. This role will work directly with the clients on recurring, onboarding, and other ad-hoc accounting projects.
- This position requires excellent communication and customer service skills, wearing many hats, high attention to detail, extreme accuracy, an ability to manage multiple priorities, quickly analyze situations and make sound decisions using effective time management skills, good business acumen and judgement.
- This position must be proactive and remain flexible in the face of change. This is a great opportunity to join a small and mighty team with the opportunity to do meaningful work and make an impact on the business community while growing your career! Nth Degree CPAs is proud to offer a competitive compensation package including 401(k) with match, exceptional healthcare (100% employer paid for the employee) and vacation packages all in a dynamic environment that is like no other CPA firm you will find.
In this role you will:
- Execute accurate and timely accounting and finance recommendations to business clients.
- Communicate thoroughly and proactively with clients regarding their financial results, trends, and other matters that would impact their decision making.
- Identify strategic opportunities for clients. Create and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in creating new financial goals for clients. Lead accounting clean-up projects and accounting training.
Oversee review of accounting fundamentals:
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly accounting entry Reconciliations and month-close procedures.
- Prepare and file state and local B&O taxes Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly financial reports for clients including operation suggestions, trends, cash flow projections, etc. Proactively manage projects (i.e., budgets, timelines and client relationships).
- Keep abreast of changes in industry regulations and developing own competency through continuing education and by obtaining additional professional certifications.
- Mentor staff on all things accounting. Carry out special projects for the CEO, COO and their staff.