Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs the majority of duties independently. Responsible for the recording and the accounting of compensation, group insurance, and certain other employee benefit programs. Essential Functions: •Responsible for the completion of key functions as part of the month end closing process, including the preparation and input of journal entries. Records transactions for the corporate division including stock, derivatives, compensations and benefits, debt transactions as well as intercompany transactions.
- Understands and executes against key SOX control activities over the financial close process.
- Develops and maintains various financial reports using JDE, HFM, and Smartview Excel files.
- Researches accounting entries and analyzes processes to identify and recommend appropriate procedures and controls to ensure that transactions are properly recorded.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of multiple general ledger accounts and completes balance sheet fluctuation analyses.
- Analyzes and records entries to accrue for employee bonus programs and elected deferred compensation, including payments and interest.
- Analyzes and completes pension entries, including accruals, amortization and actuarial adjustments. Completes and analyzes pension roll-forwards. Provides related data to operations and prepares analysis to support financial disclosure information.
- Prepares monthly management analysis summarizing group insurance and/or worker’s compensation expense and accrual components for all domestic operations and monitors the adequacy of the accruals. Provides recommendations for accrual adjustments if the account balance varies from expected.
- Provides data to support financial disclosures for pensions, retiree medical, debt, derivatives and/or stock.
- Acts as a liaison to the operations independent/internal auditors and other corporate departments on payroll and benefit accounting issues and qualified benefit plan audits.