Cabot Microelectronics Corporation (CMC), headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, is a leading global supplier of consumable materials to semiconductor manufacturers and pipeline operators. The company’s products play a meaningful role in the production of advanced semiconductor devices, helping to enable the manufacture of smaller, faster and more complex devices by its customers. Cabot Microelectronics Corporation is also a leading provider of performance materials to pipeline operators. The company's mission is to create value by delivering high-performing and innovative solutions that solve its customers’ challenges. The company has approximately 2,000 employees globally, doubling in size with an acquisition in late 2018.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. You will have key responsibilities for assisting in the month end close process which includes preparing journal entries, confirming inter-company accounts, leading the accounting and reporting for the global capital process and various complex account reconciliations and analyses. You will work on complex transactions having detailed knowledge of GAAP and will need to collaborate with various departments and levels of management. Work complexity can range from routine month-end to highly complex assignments requiring discernment and development of processes and procedures. This position will also provide support to internal and external audit staff as required.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Lead the accounting and reporting for the capital process on a global basis. Maintain knowledge of the AFE process, provide training, reconcile accounts, create capital spending, capital expenditures reports and fixed asset rollforwards. You will partner with global business partners on communicating policies and procedures related to the capital process.
- Perform various account analyses, create and post journal entries to Oracle and reconcile/confirm inter-company activity for month end close. Works on complex accounting transactions and analyses.
- Transactional activities related to the new Leasing standard ASC 842 such as input and review of new leases into a software system, journal entries, reconciliations and providing support to global business partners.
- Create and update Oracle financial statement generator (FSG) reports based on global accounting department needs.
- Prepare global allowance for doubtful accounts analysis/journal entries during the quarter end close.
- Prepare/record payroll entries in the general ledger, prepare/monitor severance, relocation and expatriate accrual account reconciliations, monitor/record stock option exercises cut-off entries.
- Research new accounting requirements and new business situations identifying implications to our business and develops appropriate accounting procedures.
- Review detail of general ledger for accounting accuracy, completeness and compliance. Monitor account activity for unanticipated fluctuation in balances.
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 by participating in planned audits of processes, maintaining files and documentation of procedures, and monitoring activities as needed.
- Identifies and develops continuous improvement within area of specialization. Leads and influences the execution of related change activities
- Provide support to internal and external auditors and other Finance department functions as required.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as needed. Respond to inquiries and other ad-hoc analysis.