This leader will need to be a well-rounded accounting and finance professional, experienced in optimizing and scaling large teams, and have a real passion for solving complex and important operational challenges in a dynamic, iterative environment. The Senior Director will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Accounting and will be manage for a team of approximately 40 to 45 employees.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own the accounting functions responsible for the accurate accounting, reporting and controls over:
- The primary operating expense categories of cost of sales, sales and marketing, technology and content and general and administrative
- Fixed assets including internal-use software and website development
- Payroll and benefits
- Translation, inter-company elimination, allocations and consolidation
- Various other corporate level areas such as intangibles, debt, equity and investments
- Manage and run the holistic monthly consolidation and financial close process, including: setting the calendar, leading chart of account and allocation changes, guiding the consolidation process and the reporting and validation of results, leading multiple close call meetings with FP&A teams, and reviewing and summarizing close-related issues
- Lead and review monthly and quarterly financial schedules and deliverables for a variety of partners including, internal and external audit, investor relations, SEC/financial reporting, FP&A, etc.
- Guide the team that works closely with technology and provides primary Oracle super-user, administration and reporting support
- Oversee the administration of the Blackline account reconciliation solution and the holistic process for ensuring policy compliance of account reconciliations
- Provide input and team leadership for necessary accounting treatments, data and information requirements and support models for new account standards and interpretations impacting areas of responsibility
- Supervise and manage a fairly large team of direct and indirect reports in an optimized, scalable and well-controlled manner, providing strategic leadership, coaching, mentorship and development
- Build relationships and drive collaboration with internal partners in accounting, finance and technology, among others
- Participate in and lead strategic and project-based initiatives will be required, as needed