Here’s a little about Dominican University and the position they are recruiting for:
Curious about work life at Dominican?
- Dominican is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Located 12 miles north of San Francisco in an urban oasis: https://www.dominican.edu/about/at-a-glance
- NCAA, Division II
- Awesome benefits which includes, but is not limited to: https://www.dominican.edu/about/human-resources/benefits
- medical, dental, vision,
- tuition waiver eligibility at 6 months,
- excellent time off package
- a generous 403(b) employer contribution, and
- Free parking
We are seeking an energetic and accomplished Senior Financial Analyst to join our budget team. The Senior Financial Analyst will become a key member of a team that develops a multi-year, strategically aligned university budget. Our team works with constituents to provide data-driven decision support as well as revenue and expense projection models. Under the direction of the AVP of Resources and Planning, this position will be responsible for the analysis of revenue and operating data, including multi-year projections, trend analysis and variance analysis.
- Analyze and project operating expenses and revenue.
- Work closely with Center and Budget Managers to analyze expenses and effectively allocate budgets.
- Work closely with Center Managers and Budget Team to prepare quarterly financial budget vs. actual variance analyses.
- Assist in developing the multi-year University Operating Budgets, working closely with the Budget Team and Center Managers.
- Assist in the effort to revise the revenue and expense budget each Fall as necessary based on enrollment figures and other updated information.
- Support development of personnel expense models to ensure accurate projection of all personnel expenses. Work closely with Academic Affairs, Human Resources and Payroll to understand the various systems and processes involved in personnel expense management.
- Actively participate in relevant meetings.
- Develop executive summaries and visuals to support the information needs of various constituents.
- Develop and review financial models and templates with appropriate university constituents; collaborate to understand and meet information needs.
- Establish system controls and develop procedures to strengthen existing systems.
- Prepare and maintain process and procedure documentation, and identify areas of improvement.
- You will partner with Finance, Institutional Research (IR), HR, Assessment, etc. to integrate relevant data into the budget development process.
- Actively seek and implement process improvements to support stakeholder information needs.
- Provide excellent support and follow-up to all stakeholders, provide follow-up.
- Assist with projects as needed.