Senior Product Manager, Advice is a dedicated product manager who provides clear ownership responsibilities and have a dedicated "product" voice at the senior leadership table. The Senior Product Manager, Advice will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for their respective financial advice technology product line. A growing percentage of Vanguard’s existing clients and the marketplace are looking to Vanguard for comprehensive financial planning and wealth management to give them their “best chance of investment success.” Building upon 20 years as a provider of advisor services solutions, Vanguard continues to help our clients by providing high quality advice solutions as efficiently as possible. This individual will lead a team involved in areas such as financial planning, performance reporting and portfolio analytics.
Duties and responsibilities
- Establishes short-, mid-, and long-term vision and strategy for their assigned product line, incorporating input from a wide-array of sources, including: prioritized use cases, strategic business partners, competitive landscape / industry trends, technology vendors, internal methodological thought leadership, engineering capabilities, and primary research.
- Develops and maintains ownership of the multi-year functional development plan for their global product line.
- Communicates priorities to ensure all internal parties and aligned teams are operating toward a common goal.
- Manages prioritization of desired global product line enhancements and maintenance, implementation scheduling, and budgeting for the Product Line roadmap.
- Actively manages upward and downward project pressures and works with partners to re-align projects, programs, capabilities and costs to ensure cohesive and efficient technology development and implementation.
- Effectively leads and manages a team and creates an environment that is conducive to teamwork, innovation and objectivity, which motivates a highly competent, driven and productive team.
- Sets measurable goals and examines ways to raise standards, to increase quality, and to improve overall performance of the team.
- Ensures best practices and methodologies around project management, governance, "right start" practices, change management, etc. are followed for all projects.
- Refine and execute best practices for business project management methodologies, integrate with IT processes, clarify roles and responsibilities for all projects.
- Ensures highly effective communications and business readiness regarding project status and issues occur regularly to key stakeholders in a variety of forums (Consumer Forums, Product Watch, Leadership mtgs, etc.).
- Establishes metrics (i.e. Product Health) to evaluate Product effectiveness and progress.
- Clearly communicates recommendations and/or requests for information to a wide range of audiences throughout Vanguard.
- Conducts and stays abreast of external market research to ensure product line is meeting consumer expectations
- Provides expertise and information on various interrelated aspects of the business and technology management process.
- Assists senior management in the development of the departmental budget/departmental organizational structure.