Senior technical accountant
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Research technical accounting guidance, including FASB and SEC regulations, and effectively communicate conclusions verbally and in writing.
- Monitor changes in accounting standards and policies while evaluating the potential impact to the organization.
- Assist in addressing any technical accounting issues raised by the divisional finance leaders and communicate accounting conclusions.
- Assist in maintaining completeness and accuracy of internal accounting policies.
- Assist with business combinations, compensation accounting and debt/equity accounting.
- Assist in preparation of technical accounting positions.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the SEC filings, i.e. 10K, 10Q and Earnings Releases.
- Perform internal controls.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- Public accounting experience.
- CPA required.
- Two years of accounting experience (preferably in public accounting).
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience.
- Intermediate skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in JD Edwards and various other financial application systems.
Fortune 1000 Company?
Two plus years of experience