This is a Senior Accountant position reporting to the Corporate Controller. The position is a key resource to support the Accounting Department’s responsibilities to accurately record and report the financial results of the Company. This role will assist the Corporate Controller in a variety of monthly accounting tasks with a focus on the more complex areas of accounting and other aspects of the monthly closing process. One such area will be to handle the Company’s lease accounting in accordance with ASC 842.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for a variety of activities including the following:
- Assist Corporate Controller with general accounting operations and monthly close process.
- Assist with complex accounting processes and/or tasks related to the monthly and/or quarterly reporting process.
- Assist with the accounting for share-based compensation
- Assist with earnings per share calculations
- Assist with the accounting for equity investments such as low-income housing tax credits and community re-investment activities
- Perform the various tasks related to lease accounting from the leasee perspective including:
- Oversight of the Company’s leased and subleased facilities (150+ leases).
- Prepare and/or review system generated reports for accounting including lease options, lease expiration dates, security deposit amounts and tenant improvement allowances.
- Handle the lease accounting journal entries and reconciliations for the right of use assets, lease liabilities and related income statement accounts.
- Analyze facilities and lease related expenses and explain variances to management on a monthly basis.
- Review completeness and accuracy of lease population including review of equipment leases and other contracts for embedded leases that fall in scope of ASC 842.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place for completeness and accuracy of ROU Assets, lease liabilities and facilities related expenses.
- Meet regularly with the Company’s third party facilities and corporate real estate provider to ensure all lease activities are properly and timely accounted for in the Yardi system.
- Prepare reports required for quarterly accounting disclosures.