Title: Senior Accountant
Department: Finance, Accounting & Tax
Reports to: Director, Accounting & Reporting
Location: Purchase, NY
Functional summary: This individual is a critical member of our reporting team who will be responsible for various SEC filings and other external reporting requirements under the direction of the Director of Accounting & Reporting. The individual is expected to have a solid understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. To be successful, the individual must be a self-starter, prioritize effectively, and have excellent communication skills.
Strong understanding of Regulation S-X and S-K requirements to facilitate the preparation and filing of all SEC reports, including:
- Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements and other documents.
- Coordinate information requests and prepare supporting documentation and analysis for financial statements, corresponding footnotes, MD&A, and other periodic filings.
- XBRL tagging and review in financial statements and footnotes.
- Preparation of stand-alone financial statements for covenant reporting purposes.
- Proactively monitor and assess impact from new accounting pronouncements.
- Evaluation of significant transactions, including research and drafting technical accounting memorandum.
- Responsible for share-based compensation accounting in accordance with ASC 718, including the maintenance of our SBC database and the preparation of monthly schedules and journal entries.
- Review various monthly account analysis, reconciliations and journal entries.
- Provide support for internal and external audits. Ensure all transactions are in compliance with SOX internal controls.
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate within the accounting team as well as stakeholders across the organization.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task effectively across various projects.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.