Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged. Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
- The Senor Cost Accountant is responsible the maintenance of the standard cost system, manufacturing accounting and analysis, variance reporting, and accurate bill of materials (BOM)/assemblies in a completely integrated ERP environment.
- This role is responsible to ensure that the company is adhering to GAAP and company policy and procedures.
- Additionally, this position is accountable for the development and coaching of staff.
- The ideal candidate will have a record of improving, automating and streamlining procedures while consistently achieving corporate financial goals
- The Senior Cost Accountant role reports to the Director -- Accounting as a part of the Accounting Team. There are no direct reports reporting into this role
- Manage day to day operations of the existing cost accounting function from management of current rates to monthly close and analysis
- Review cost estimates of new or special products for establishing selling prices
- Review and analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Perform LIFO reserve calculation for book and tax purposes (Double extension method)
- Prepare ad-hoc schedules for management Coordinate with Procurement to ensure accuracy of pertinent information in SAP such as PO price, delivery dates, and quantity.
- Coordinate with Laboratory to resolve any BOM/Recipe related issues to ensure accurate formula costing
- Support the technology strategy of the business by assessing the impact of changes as it relates to cost accounting.
- Provide support during the annual audit process by working with the auditors to answer queries and provide analysis as required in a timely manner.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting, to monitor key financial performance indicators and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Participate in special project work as required.