The Senior Manager, Tax Provision is responsible for the Company’s accounting for income taxes and assist in tax planning.
The successful candidate will work with business groups within the Company, third party service providers, and other Tax Department professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities.
- Accountable for quarterly and annual worldwide accounting for income taxes (ASC 740).
- Responsible for coordinating with and training local country controllers on preparation of local country provision income tax provisions or coordinating with third party vendors on preparation of local country provisions.
- Analysis of financial forecasts to compute quarterly effective tax rate
- Forecast of tax balances to be provided to Financial Planning
- Lead oversight of worldwide FIN 48 analysis. • Prepare tax related disclosures for 10K and 10Q filings with the SEC
- Assist in due diligence of potential M&A targets and related tax accounting matters
- Review existing procedures to develop efficiencies in quarterly and annual tax provision process.
- Maintain database of federal, state and foreign tax legislative changes and applicability to Mattel’s quarterly and annual tax provision.
- Perform modeling of tax reform/business changes and related impact on the effective tax rate.
- Liaison with management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that both appropriate internal controls are in place with respect to accounting for income taxes and compliance with such controls.