The Manager, Tax will:
- assist in the preparation of components of the federal and state tax provisions and analyze federal and state FIN 48 positions
- assist in the preparation and review of Mattel’s federal and state tax returns and quarterly estimated tax payments
- preparation of federal and state models related to tax reform/business changes
- identify and champion opportunities for improved efficiency in tax department processes.
The successful candidate will work with internal business personnel, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities.
- Tax provision:
- Assist in preparation and review of components of the annual and quarterly federal and state income tax provisions.
- Assist in identifying and analyzing federal and state FIN 48 positions.
- Assist in preparation of tax related disclosures for 10K and 10Q filings with the SEC.
- Tax compliance:
- Assist in preparation and review of components of Mattel’s federal and state tax returns.
- Assist in preparation and review of federal and state quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Manage and oversee third party service providers who assist in the tax preparation process.
- Identify and streamline procedures and worksheets for preparation of federal and state tax returns.
- Researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Stay abreast of federal and state legislative changes that may impact tax filings and tax provision computation.
- Perform modelling of tax reform/business changes and related impact on federal and state taxes.
- Mentor and develop tax analysts.