Vice President, Finance M&A
Hogan & Associates Executive Search
Our Client seeks a proven financial executive with a track record of organizational leadership and innovation at the highest levels of retail industry. Reporting to the SVP, Chief FP&A and Treasury, this position is responsible for all aspects of deal analysis, from strategy and market analysis through integration planning, with a focus on target identification, valuation and financial analysis, due diligence, and relationship management. This individual will work closely with executive leadership to manage transactions throughout the deal life cycle, including contributing to the identification, analysis, development, and execution of various types of mergers and acquisition transactions in partnership with the corporate Business Development team.
- Valuing transaction targets, including establishing the intrinsic value of the target, identifying and valuing synergies and dis-synergies, and developing transaction budgets.
- Creating consolidated financial models and providing analytical support for merger & acquisitions, statistical analysis and transaction summaries.
- Develop business plans for merger and acquisition opportunities, including transaction, post-closing integration, and overall operations planning.
- Negotiating and documenting components of contractual arrangements pertaining to transactions.
- Participating in the presentation of merger and acquisition information and other key metrics and data to internal review committees, senior management and the board of directors.
- Contributing to and reinforcing M&A best practices, including regular, timely reporting.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Preferred Masters or MBA.
- 8-10 years of corporate strategy or investment banking experience with a focus on Consumer Retail.
- Proven record leading or strongly supporting all aspects of M&A transactions.
- Ability to think and approach M&A opportunities like a buy-side investor or an owner of a business.
- Sound judgment and ability to clearly communicate problems and solutions.
- Expert understanding of financial reporting, financial statements, and their relationship to underlying business and financial results.
- Outstanding financial modeling skills to develop comprehensive financial models, forecast the effect of transactions on the Company as a whole, and develop business cases to support recommended actions.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills; the ability to interact credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization and in the outside community - tailoring communications effectively for different groups and stakeholders.
Fortune 1000 Company?
SVP, EVP, VP, Tax Director, Internal Audit Director, Control