VP, Accounting operations
Your Mission: Drive operational excellence within the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, delivering world-class, customer-focused fiscal integrity, control and service.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage accounts receivable processes, including credit & collections, dispute resolution and cash applications teams
- Manage accounts payable processes, including employee accounting and travel services teams .
- Manage the general ledger accounting processes and reconciliations related to accounts receivable and accounts payable, including subledger to general ledger interfaces as well as reserves and accruals
- Drive operational excellence and continuous improvement using key performance indicators (KPIs) and countermeasures Identify and implement new technologies to improve productivity and efficiency for growth.
- Oversee the monthly financial close process for accounts receivable and accounts payable Respond timely and thoughtfully to ad hoc financial requests.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and procedures Integrate acquisitions, as needed Supports internal and external audits.
What we are looking for in you:
- Leadership: Navigates and leads the team with strong skills in team development; defines what winning looks like, holds self and team accountable, driving accountable to all levels of the organization
- Execution: Delivers projects and daily work in a timely, well-planned manner
- Strategic: Thinks outside the box; develops near, mid, and long-range objectives for team Operational partnership: Works successfully with operational teams (such as Sales or Sourcing) to create win-win processes and procedures
- Technical savvy: Has desire and ability to understand how systems work as well as identify opportunities to change existing or implement new systems Attention to detail: Eye for detail, avoids errors and issues that can occur when details slip through the cracks and ability to manage multiple priorities at a time
- Collaboration: Engages all team members throughout the business Analytical skills: Has ability to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
- Problem Solving: Identifies root cause; provides practical solutions to problems; has ability to use Acuity Business System (Lean) tools to eliminate waste and drive productivity Communication: Communicates clearly across multiple channels of communication (verbal, email, PowerPoint)
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant 10+ years of progressive experience, with supervisory experience for 5+ years US GAAP expertise
Fortune 1000 Company?
SVP, EVP, VP, Tax Director, Internal Audit Director, Control