Join the Wells Fargo Wholesale Team *Strong preference for San Francisco, CA*
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally.
Our five major business lines include:
- Corporate & Investment Banking,
- Commercial Banking,
- Commercial Real Estate,
- Wells Fargo Commercial Capital,
- Investment Portfolio.
We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale and International Strategy (WIS) is accountable for strategy of
(a) Wholesale Banking and
(b) international business for the enterprise.
One of the two primary responsibilities of WIS is to drive the annual strategic planning process for Wholesale Banking and Wells Fargo’s international business. As part of the process, WIS facilitates discussions among senior leaders to promote alignment and collaboration across LOBs and support groups.
The other responsibility of WIS is to address strategic questions and lead a variety of high-impact initiatives. The types of initiatives include business portfolio reviews, business strategy formulation, priority alignment across LOBs, business case development for strategic investment, and enhancement of control and governance. WIS is part of the Wholesale COO Group.
The Wholesale and International Strategy Consultant is responsible for assisting senior members of the team to support the strategic planning process and work on various strategic initiatives. A successful candidate must have strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills with a strategic mindset. The candidate with a solid understanding of Wholesale Banking businesses would be preferred. The candidate needs to have robust leadership and organizational/interpersonal skills as he/she need to collaborate with partners from LOBs and support groups.
- Support WIS Senior Leads/Leads/Senior Consultants as they lead strategic initiatives, solve strategic issues and manage the strategic planning process
- Help develop project plans by structuring issues that need to be resolved, identifying key activities and determining timelines
- Frame analysis required for problem solving, gather necessary data and information and conduct analysis to draw insights’
- Help develop recommendations, business cases and implementation plans
- Draft documentations of analysis and recommendations
- Interact with junior members of subject matter experts to obtain necessary information for problem solving
- Support monitoring of industry and global trends to assess possible implications and impact on Wells Fargo strategy
- Perform all of the above with an enterprise mindset to ensure alignment, consistency, and maximization of shareholder value.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Apply Today! Visit Wells Fargo Careers Site on Internet: http://www.wellsfargo.com/careers/
- Go to the Search Our Jobs link, located in the middle of the right side of the page'
- On the Job Search page, click on “Search jobs now”
- Enter Job Opening ID 5452124 and click search.
- Click on Go
*Note these instructions are for external job seekers. If requisition search returns with no results, then the job posting is no longer active.